Wisdom Mission School is committed to providing a safe learning and working environment. Adherence to the following Rules of Conduct will be expected from all students. Noncompliance or repeated violations of the Rules of Conduct, or any other behavioral problem as determined by Wisdom Mission School, may result in disciplinary actions (extra homework assignments, detention, suspension, expulsion, and/or referral to law enforcement).
1. STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND EVERY CLASS IN A PUNCTUAL AND PREPARED MANNER.Parents must contact the school's administrator if the student will be absent, late, or leaving school early. Three unexcused absences will result in disciplinary actions.
2. HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS NEED TO BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE START OF CLASS.Students who do not complete homework repeatedly will be required to stay after school to finish all assignments.
3. STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO TREAT TEACHERS AND OTHER STUDENTS WITH RESPECT.This includes refraining from all unnecessary interruptions: excessive talking, the ringing of cell phones, etc. Objects (such as cell phones, games, photographs, etc.) found to be a disturbance will be confiscated until the end of the school day. Discourteous behavior, including profanity of any kind, will not be tolerated.
4. CHEATING, PLAGIARISM, INTIMIDATION, THREATS, AND VIOLENCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.A record of the event may be included in the student's permanent file.
5. STUDENTS MAY NOT LOCK ANY CLASSROOM DOORS DURING SCHOOL HOURS.
6. FOOD WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOMS DURING CLASS TIMES.All trash should be picked up and placed in the trash bins.
7. GRAFFITI, VANDALISM, AND DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.Parents will be held liable for any damages caused by the student.
8. NO SUBSTANCE ABUSE OF ANY KIND (alcohol, smoking, drugs, etc.) WILL BE PERMITTED ON THE SCHOOL CAMPUS AND IN ITS IMMEDIATE VICINITY.If it is necessary for a student to take medication prescribed by a doctor, the parent must bring in a written statement from a physician detailing the method, amount, and time schedules by which such medication is to be taken. Students may not carry or use medication on campus without written consent.
9. ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN STUDENTS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.Friendships among students are whole-heartedly encouraged, but we at Wisdom Mission School feel that relationships of a romantic nature distract students from their studies, and so will be not be permitted.